Post the most interesting thing that happened on this day in history

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by ButterButt, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    December 20

1192 – Richard I of England (aka the Lionheart) is captured and imprisoned by Leopold V of Austria on his way home to England after the Third Crusade.

1860 – South Carolina becomes the first state to attempt to secede from the United States.

1942 – World War II: Japanese air forces bomb Calcutta, India.

2007 – Elizabeth II becomes the oldest monarch of the United Kingdom, surpassing Queen Victoria, who lived for 81 years, 7 months and 29 days.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    *****BUUUUUUMP*****

April 1

3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    April Fool's day was invented.

4. Squire72

Squire72 Moderator

Blogs:
    The gmail thing is funny

Should read

2004 - Google announces their premiere data mining platform, which went on to make them vast riches by analyzing the email of multitudes of people who volunteered to be a product for rich corporations. The success of the platform was extended to include Android, which expanded to add phone calls, SMS messages, photo libraries, mating information and all kinds of relevant personal information that was untapped with the original free email focus.

They inadvertently also managed to accumulate an unheard of quantity of genital photography, and have everyone’s genitals in a database that scaled beyond anything previous.

5. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    April 1st 1989, an alien ship crash landed on Earth and @Wrecky appeared for the first time :greyalien:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    As a sperm crawling on the ground.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Which was stepped on but instead of being squished and extinguished, it just got crushed into many different pieces and they all created accounts on Nexopia.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. The Punjabi Playboy

The Punjabi Playboy Guest

Blogs:
    On this day 11 years ago, Donald Trump shaved Vince McMahon's head.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    4 April

1814 – Napoleon abdicates for the first time and names his son Napoleon II as Emperor of the French.
    1859 – Bryant's Minstrels debut "Dixie" in New York City in the finale of a blackface minstrel show.
    1865 – American Civil War: A day after Union forces capture Richmond, Virginia, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln visits the Confederate capital.
    1905 – In India, an earthquake hits the Kangra Valley, killing 20,000
    1945 – World War II: American troops liberate Ohrdruf forced labor camp in Germany.
    1945 – World War II: Soviet troops liberate Hungary from German occupation and occupy the country itself.
    1968 – Martin Luther King Jr. is assassinated by James Earl Ray at a motel in Memphis, Tennessee.

10. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    April 4th, 21,034BC
    A man strikes two rocks together and sparks come out and it lands in some dry leaves and starts a fire. He tells his friends. :)

11. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    9293FEE6-3727-4546-BA58-F865C288E50B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    April 5
    • 1614 – In Virginia, Native American Pocahontas marries English colonist John Rolfe.
    • 1722 – The Dutch explorer Jacob Roggeveen discovers Easter Island.
    • 1944 – World War II: Two hundred seventy inhabitants of the Greek town of Kleisoura are executed by the Germans.
    • 1951 – Cold War: Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are sentenced to death for spying for the Soviet Union.
    • 1969 – Vietnam War: Massive antiwar demonstrations occur in many U.S. cities.
    • 1999 – Two Libyans suspected of bringing down Pan Am Flight 103 in 1988 are handed over for eventual trial in the Netherlands.
    • 2009 – North Korea launches its controversial Kwangmyŏngsŏng-2 rocket. The satellite passed over mainland Japan, which prompted an immediate reaction from the United Nations Security Council, as well as participating states of Six-party talks.

13. Squire72

Squire72 Moderator

Blogs:
    24 years ago today Kurt Cobain died, also, 16 years ago today Lane Staley from Alice in Chains

14. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    April 6
    • 1712 – In New York City, a group of 23 slaves set a building on fire and escaped, but were soon recaptured.
    • 1812 – Peninsular War: After a three-week siege, the Anglo-Portuguese Army, under the Earl of Wellington, captured Badajoz, Spain, and forced the surrender of the French garrison.
    • 1886 – Vancouver, one of British Columbia's youngest cities, was incorporated.
    • 1945 – Second World War: The Battle of Slater's Knoll on Bougainville Island concluded with a decisive victory for the Australian Army's 7th Brigade.
    • 2005 – Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani (pictured) was elected by the Iraqi National Assembly as the first non-Arab President of Iraq.

15. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    I had the same ones as Karlijn, so . . . .

16. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    I bet you use the same source of information

17. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    My copy and paste skills are pretty good, if I do say so myself. :)

18. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    April 10

19. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    April 10th 2028 A.D.
    On this day, I proposed to Karlijn and she said no. :cry:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Squire72

Squire72 Moderator

Blogs:
    On this day in 2017 I tried to delicately access the internals of an in production server worth around 20k with a crowbar and failed magnificently. My boss went back and bent everything back into the shape it was supposed to be. I’m surprised I still have a job.

• Funny Funny x 1