1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Post the most interesting thing that happened on this day in history

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by ButterButt, Nov 10, 2017.

1. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
  2. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I get wanting to protect water, but they’re not looking at the big picture, yeah, pipelines leak, but they’re sending it via train, which is slow and a lot more risky. They’re going to move the oil no matter what, moving it via pipeline is a much better way to do it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    thx man I werked on Keystone XL so i logged in just to give you a winner badge on that post

4. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Hey, gotta balance right?

Lots of environmental issues right now, but we have to find a way to keep the economy growing so we can minimize suffering while we move to a low carbon economy. Finding ways to get our products to market while we diversify is crucial.

5. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Not to mention, Fort McMurray supplies most of the gas stations in Alberta, BC and Washington

I’m still pissed the same fuel sells for 1/2 the price in Washington - we’re being gouged.

6. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    yeah man i hear you big time lol

7. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    you can waste lots of time here and I have:

Sixth Assessment Report
    [​IMG]
    The IPCC is currently in its Sixth Assessment cycle. During this cycle, the Panel will produce three Special Reports, a Methodology Report on national greenhouse gas inventories and the Sixth Assessment Report (AR6).

The 43rd Session of the IPCC held in April 2016 agreed that the AR6 Synthesis Report would be finalized in 2022 in time for the first UNFCCC global stocktake when countries will review progress towards their goal of keeping global warming to well below 2 °C while pursuing efforts to limit it to 1.5 °C. The three Working Group contributions to AR6 will be finalized in 2021.

The outlines were approved by the Panel at its 46th Session in early September 2017.

8. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    Carbon cycle is a long term game . AGAIN humans thing they are so naive like they can control the planet. one krakatoa explosion and fkn dirt and ash will cover the whole planet for 3 days so i'm not the biggest vancouver hipster ever let me put it to you that way haha

9. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
  10. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    We’re affecting the environment negatively in so many ways, but we’re not hurting the planet - we’re affecting the ability of the planet to support human life, but we’re irrelevant. New life will take our place when we’re gone more suited to whatever the planet is becoming.

Humanity isn’t important or essential to anything except, well... humanity.

We’re not going to hit the 2°C goal, if we’re lucky we might be able to hit a 5°C goal. The 2° goal might have been doable if they’d taken it seriously enough to make changes 20 years ago

11. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
  12. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
    July 8, 1947 – Reports are broadcast that a UFO crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico in what became known as the Roswell UFO incident.

13. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
    July 10, 1584 – William I of Orange is assassinated in his home in Delft, Holland, by Balthasar Gérard.

14. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    I WAS BORN!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN CALVIN WAS BORN!!!! WINSTON CHURCHILL WAS BORN

15. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Happy birthday!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
    July 11, 1302 – Battle of the Golden Spurs (Guldensporenslag in Dutch): A coalition around the Flemish cities defeats the king of France's royal army. The battle was a famous early example of an all-infantry army overcoming an army that depended on the shock attacks of heavy cavalry.

17. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
    July 12

1543 – King Henry VIII of England marries his sixth and last wife, Catherine Parr, at Hampton Court Palace.
    1690 – Glorious Revolution: Battle of the Boyne in Ireland (as reckoned under the Gregorian calendar).
    1691 – Battle of Aughrim (Julian calendar): The decisive victory of William III of England's forces in Ireland.

18. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
    July 13, 1573 – Eighty Years' War: The Siege of Haarlem ends after seven months.

19. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
    July 14, 1933 – The Nazi eugenics begins with the proclamation of the Law for the Prevention of Hereditarily Diseased Offspring that calls for the compulsory sterilization of any citizen who suffers from alleged genetic disorders.

20. celesticaii

celesticaii Regular

Blogs:
    • 1925 Adolf Hitler publishes Mein Kampf (original title was the catchy "Four and a Half Years (of Struggle) Against Lies, Stupidity and Cowardice")