Post your speed test

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by SAKARINBO, Jan 21, 2018.

1. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    I don't even live in a suburban area. I don't know what bandwidth we pay for. Its a ripoff whatever it is.
    Last week my bf was trying to dl a fallout 4 texture pack, we gave up dl it because it was avg 0.7 mb/s.

2. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Veteran

Blogs:
    OH you live out in the rural parts haha. That's your problem.

3. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    no no, I mean I can walk downtown from where I live. Not even a little bit rural.

4. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    No the opposite!! I can walk downtown from her house. The internet has always been complete trash for some reason though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I would say try a new router?? Because I feel like it's at least 10 years old and whenever you switch it off for a minute and then turn it back on it seems to fix a problem for a bit?

6. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    TRASH! I just want to play some stupid game. If other people are using it I can't even watch youtube sometimes.

7. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    I think it has been replaced somewhat recently. Remember when the password changed? that was because there was a new router. 2 3 years ago? How long should a router last?

8. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Has anyone actually told the shaw guy that you want to cancel then? Maybe that's enough to get them to fix it

9. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Veteran

Blogs:
    You live in DT Calgary and your internet is trash?!? Yeah I'd get that checked o.o

10. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Veteran

Blogs:
    2-3 years and you're that low is not a router problem. It's either too many people are using the web or your copper line is trash

11. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
  12. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    If it’s the copper line would my neighbours also experience shit internet? Where are these copper lines located? Is it possible to hit them with a shovel?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Veteran

Blogs:
    Your neighbours would be affected if it's on the network strand not the line to your home. I'm assuming like most of Alberta your connection is either a conduit drop or it's burried. Though depends on how old your home is. I'd suggest not hitting it with a shovel as it does have low voltage going through it and you don't want to get zapped haha.

That's if you're in a SFU (single family unit) . I'd asked for a copper bonded connection, unfortunately you will no longer be able to upgrade it unless you switch technologies to fiber which would be Telus and it's not cheap BUT if it's in your area (which if your in downtown it is!!) they say minimum 150mb/s :)

15. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    My dads hobby is building ponds, currently there are 4 in the yard and he did a bunch or extraneous digging this summer.. jw if he may have damaged a cable. I’m sure he would have noticed if he had hit it. I’m sure it’s in conduit and nots just laying around willy nilly?

16. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    You have any pics of the ponds? I remember Skrod posting photos, like 6+ years ago or something.

17. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah sometimes its only got the rubber sheath on it and they dont put it into conduit so it might be damaged... thats the same trouble my stepdad had at his house the other summer, he had to get a new cable done.

18. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Veteran

Blogs:
    That could be an issue having line damage though I'm not 100% sure if it's just kill your connection all together but hard to say. If you dad was digging I'm quite positive he would have asked for some specs though if he only went to the city then he most likely wouldn't have obtained them. When you call them out ask for a line inspection and if it's burried or not. Hopefully in your case it's not, if it comes back okay I'd look into a copper bonded solution. It has it's pro's and cons though and that's something that needs to be discussed with the tech (who will not be happy to do bonded connection if he's paid per job :rofl: )

Yeah burried was a cheap and easy solution for contractors and Telco back in the day because they thought, "what could be better than copper" my god are they paying for it now. Even some conduits that were put in are only an inch so getting a new line is allllllways fun. Not sure about hitting a cable and it not cutting it off completely, happily I only worked with fiber and if that broke in anyway you'd know right away lol.

19. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    Here’s 1, there is a smaller pond that flows into this one from the right side

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. jabbafett

jabbafett The Prodigal Salt

Blogs:
    sick speed test