replying to messages

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by djfly, Aug 4, 2016.

1. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    @SadikB

as weird as this is to ask... can you force the postback when you hit save/post on a reply to a conversation or forum?
    right now, you post, the ajax/whatever call submits the message, and you're left there sitting, looking at your own message.

There are a few better places to go... I believe the best would be to return to the parent topic. for example:

When you click submit after replying to this, you should be redirected to http://forums.nexopia.com/forums/site-suggestions.4 since this is the container for the thread.

By extension, if you reply to a message in conversations, you should be redirected to the conversation list.

Not only does this get you to a productive place for your next task, it un-scrolls-you-down...
    Right now, I have to scroll WAYYYYYY back up to click on anything to continue...

causing the postback/redirect is probably the easiest/cleanest/nicest solution

=)

2. tasteemee

tasteemee Member

Blogs:
    Previously there was a setting for forums and each user could select whether after hitting post they wanted to return to the topic listing or stay in the thread. I know people's preferences on this vary widely so having it as a user-specific option was great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tasteemee

tasteemee Member

Blogs:
    Also DJ there are cookie crumbs at the bottom of the page as well as the top if that helps you with the scrolling up issue.

4. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Agreed, setup options are best, but anything is better than current!

"Go to First Unread" is the only button I'm seeing. I'm on a laptop, not a phone, not sure if the behaviour is the same