Shomi

Discussion in 'TV & Movies' started by Mark CM, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I just signed up for the 1-month free trial of Shomi. So far I hate the user interface for browsing categories and am having a hard time finding things to watch. Any tips or recommendations for things to watch?

2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Nope. I use kat.cr. =)

3. chrissy89

chrissy89 Newbie

Blogs:
    I use both netflix and shomi and there are things on showmi that is not on netflix and the same way the other way around you almost just have to just play around with it to see what there is and for what you like

4. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I just can't believe Shomi doesn't have an auto play function. Definitely finding good stuff, but I maintain that the interface is harder to use. I like to sort genres by Year of Release and by "Recommended for You" on Netflix.

Really liked Transparent though (a lot) and Season 1 of Fargo was good. What else should I watch?

5. chrissy89

chrissy89 Newbie

Blogs:
    I like that Mash is on shomi and that is one thing that is am liking about it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I'm really into Empire now. It's campy, but gets away with it being rooted so firmly in classic blaxploitation tropes. Taraji P. Henson is so amazing in the show as Cookie. So great!

7. celesticaii

celesticaii Regular

Blogs:
    I think so Shomi is good for Shows and Netflix is good for movies. The only thing I do not like is it does not remember where you have left off on a series... Netflix has been killing lately on their original content so I tend to watch it more now.