Sisters

Discussion in 'Attention Seekers' started by The Reverend, Feb 26, 2018.

1. The Punjabi Playboy

The Punjabi Playboy Guest

Blogs:
    Beta cuck

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    Which woman is happier, the loving wife and mother raising a family under her husband's stern but loving direction, or the bitter spinster sassing God and mocking His Law?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. tool

tool Addict

Blogs:
    22. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Ephesians 5 (KJV)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Just because I fantasize about being taken advantage of by one of the supervisors at work or by a cute global forum mod doesn't make me a cuck. :foie:

• Love Love x 1
  5. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    There's more than just those 2 :) The happy atheist living in sin with her bf and pets and no nasty kids I think is happiest of all :jk:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    Such a fleeting false happiness given by the great deceiver, when the punishment from God lasts for eternity. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. tool

tool Addict

Blogs:
    Oh, so you've been fantasizing over @Bombaclat all along.

8. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    You're not making a very good case for God here tbh. He sounds like kind of a dick.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    If we continue to act in sinful ways and we do not repent and turn from that sin, God brings His divine discipline to bear upon us. If He did not, He would not be a loving and concerned Father. Just as we discipline our own children for their welfare, so does our heavenly Father lovingly correct His children for their benefit.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    So he's an abusive parent who wants us to burn for eternity for experiencing pleasure and personal satisfaction. Got it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    My friend, it is sin that is punished, not pleasure and satisfaction, both of which I experience all the time, but I do so by being obedient to God. It is disobedience and rejection of His Word that God punishes. Disobedience against the infinitely powerful God is worthy of an infinite punishment. Consider if you punch a homeless man in the face versus punching President Trump in the face...which crime will be more severely punished?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    The two seem to go hand in hand by your logic.

Punching Trump for some of the stuff he's said and done sounds fairly satisfying tho.

13. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    It goes on to say
    25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
    Which establishes that 1) the husband and wife are equals, 2) the husband should go above and beyond to nourish, protect, and grow the wife, 3) the husband should love the wife just as the wife loves the husband. You can't pull random verses out of the Bible out of context. You can't do it.

14. theviridiansea

theviridiansea Guest

Blogs:
    I don't want kids, so I'd be happier as a bitter spinster. Thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Also I'm kinda surprised @The Reverend hasn't commented on teh gay thing

16. tool

tool Addict

Blogs:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nowhere in those passages are anything either explicitly or implicitly stated or implied that men and women are equal. The comparison between men and wives are like of Jesus and his church. Jesus love his Church, doesn't mean he is equal to his creation. The same goes for a man and his wife. He is compelled by Christ to love that which came from his rib cage, his creation, his woman - just like how god love all men.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tool

tool Addict

Blogs:
    Nothing to comment about, the OT is clear; they must suffer death.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    How do you think God feels about your choice to disobey his natural order?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    God made gay people gay, are you saying he made a mistake?

20. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Actually verse 28 establishes this "as his own body". You wouldn't love your right foot any less then your left foot. Verse 31 establishes "and they two [husband and wife] shall be joined as one flesh" meaning that they should operate as one unit, one being. It also says this is a great mystery, meaning it's not set in stone. Verse 33 says that the wife should be in reverence of her husband, meaning great respect. But the Bible also says elsewhere that a man should present himself in a respectful tone. And since a man should love his wife as his own body, then he too should have a great respect of his wife.