So I'm becoming very confused about what I'm doing wrong here

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by handbanane, Feb 8, 2018.

1. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Dude, you're a solid 6/10 and you seem like a decent guy. Dating shouldn't be a problem for you, just keep trying and eventually someone will come along.

Maybe you come off as insecure on dates? You tend to put yourself down jokingly, it's funny on Nex but could be off-putting irl to a girl.

• Like Like x 2
  2. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Lol maybe that can be my option #4 after the bar scene, dance classes, and a second shot at the eharmony thing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Create a thread here in Relationship Advice and post results (without names or identifying info of course)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    I almost resent that 6/10 but it's better than other people give me so I'll take it lol (there's that self-deprecating humor again I guess). Idk why it's this difficult tbh. Guys far worse off than me have luck so I don't see why I shouldn't be able to do it too and have the same success.

I don't think I put myself down on dates but Tori might be onto something. When I'm interested in a girl it's really hard for me to hide my excitement. If I'm attracted to her I immediately feel all excited and pumped up that I'm getting that chance and have a really hard time hiding how high my level of interest is.

• Like Like x 2
  5. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Well I mean, if anyone feels like sending me a PM, I won't tell :shifty:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I meant like a “finding a girl on Craigslist adventure” thread, if you decide to try that, post messages that you think are ridiculous or funny - or like, a top 10 best, just nothing personal in public :imslow:

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    That 6/10 is the opinion of a straight kid though, so don't take it too seriously lol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    And 5 is average, so a straight guy calling you a 6 is a decent compliment

• Like Like x 1
  9. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Sounds fun. I could see some scary shit and really sketchy people coming from that though but the messages could be hilarious.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    So @handbanane have you mastered the art of getting the females yet?

11. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Nope. If anything I'm having far fewer chances now that I'm not doing the online thing anymore. Still working on it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Okay so firstly, do something different with the hair. The haircut makes the man and the curly mess isn't working. Look good, feel good, right? So whenever you go out to town, put something spiffy on and look good. Stand up straight and walk proudly - women don't like a slouch. Hold the door for people. All of this sounds stupid but women notice this shit.

13. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    I've already cut it much shorter so it's not curling all over the place and I've shaved off the shitty facial hair I had (I can't grow it to save my life anyways). I'm also going to be getting rid of the glasses when I can and maybe getting a few new clothes too when I have some money to burn. Tbh I think my facial looks are the biggest thing holding me back. I think I have an alright body, alright style, and carry myself well/have good posture and stuff but that my facial looks are fucking horrific, which could really be holding me back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Can I have an up to date recent picture? You can pm it if you like. The thing about glasses is that they can help or they can hurt. Personally I hate my glasses and only wear them if I'm at home. That really depends on how you wear them. I don't believe in ugly people. There's a way to carry yourself and such and such. I'mma come take you shopping.

15. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    I'm good with posting it here.

Just now:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Okay wait a minute this isn't bad, we can work with this. You're actually an attractive guy. It's not like you're butt ugly and we have to rely on charm alone. No, this is not the case. Okay so with the hair, get some hair gel and style it. Do a swoop. That'd look good. Glasses aren't that bad, but hold your head straight. ...and shave that stuff on your chin. (All or nothing type deal) I like the shirt, it looks good.

17. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    A swoop? How do I do that? :shifty: My hair doesn't like to stay put.

I'm going to. I shave more often these days but I don't do it every day because I get wicked razor burn if I do. My skin doesn't like it too much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I have the same issue, switched to a decent electric razor, no issues anymore - got a job that required daily shaving, and I had no choice really. Went with a higher end self cleaning unit, it’s great

19. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    That's what the gel is for! Get the ultra strong stuff (higher the number, the better). Just rub some on your fingers and run your fingers through your hair one way. Mine is done like that. It'll help deal with the curls and put them in place.

And gentlemen...go to your local Walmart (or similar thing) over to the shaving area. Get sensitive shave gel (it reduces the after shit), and some after shave balm. There's stuff called bump patrol although Iunno if you can get that or not. Anyways, should be something similar in the after shave area which is designed to reduce those red bumps from razor burn. Nobody likes the bumps.

20. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Blades are my enemy, but since I got my Braun I’ve had clean shaved skin 320 days a year. I still shave with a blade a few times a year just for a little extra clean shave, but even with the super sensitive skin creams I can shave 2x a week max, my skin is fucked