So who went to the QOTSA/EODM concert last night??

Discussion in 'Music' started by Wrecky, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
  2. theviridiansea

theviridiansea Guest

Blogs:
    It was SO good! Eagles of Death Metal was fucking amazing, I love Jesse. He's literally the coolest. The whole band has amazing energy. Jennie Vee is badass and Dave Catching played awesome guitar solos. Every song they played was five minutes longer than the album recording because of the long guitar solos that ended up turning into jam sessions... it was fantastic!! The whole thing felt very spontaneous. I liked them before, but now I'm obsessed! [Setlist]

QOTSA was awesome and I CANNOT believe how many songs, both old and new, they fit into their set! They went 30 minutes past curfew, which was great, because I could have watched them forever. They played a lot of ...Like Clockwork, which I am super grateful for as it's my favourite album but I missed their last tour. They also played "Everybody Knows That You Are Insane" for the first time in YEARS and I wanted to cry! I've been wanting to see them for 11 years and it was definitely worth the wait! [Setlist]

Josh was very cool and collected, this is only their second show after the bad press they got, and I think he wanted to keep things on a light note because he kept saying how he wanted the show to be positive and a good time. He was very respectful to the crowd, giving audience members friendly winks and thumbs ups throughout the show. HE'S SUPER RAD AND I LOVE HIM. The whole vibe of the concert was awesome. I did try to take a few photos but they ended up blurry. The room was filled with a combination of stage smoke and pot smoke so the auto focus wouldn't work. :rofl:

I've been to a ton of rock concerts, but this was rock 'n' roll on a whole new level!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
  3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. theviridiansea

theviridiansea Guest

Blogs:
    Ohhhh yesssss!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Ugh I can't believe I missed this :hungover:
    The last time I saw QOTSA the whole thing was super chill and they were amazing, but didn't really go above and beyond. I'm soooo jealous :sour:

6. theviridiansea

theviridiansea Guest

Blogs:
    Next time!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Yeah I won't be such a tool next time, idc if I end up going alone :drool:
    I feel a little bit better because EODM didn't play my favourite songs, but only a little :nuts:

8. sh4n3y

sh4n3y Nexopian Elder

Blogs:
    I haven't been to a festival in two years
    i'm gonna go to the next one available and be the first guy to get naked

9. theviridiansea

theviridiansea Guest

Blogs:
    Okay, time to update this thread!

I went to the QOTSA/EODM Commodore show last weekend. On the way to the venue, I ran into Boots! He gives the best hugs!
    [​IMG]

And then I made it to the front row which was insaaane! I've never seen so many crowd surfers!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also caught both Jesse and Josh's set lists!
    [​IMG]

10/10 it was a life changing concert!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    • Like Like x 1