1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Speaking of chess...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MarkFL, Dec 11, 2017.

1. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    I found this article very interesting:

DeepMind’s AlphaZero crushes chess

"20 years after DeepBlue defeated Garry Kasparov in a match, chess players have awoken to a new revolution. The AlphaZero algorithm developed by Google and DeepMind took just four hours of playing against itself to synthesise the chess knowledge of one and a half millennium and reach a level where it not only surpassed humans but crushed the reigning World Computer Champion Stockfish 28 wins to 0 in a 100-game match. All the brilliant stratagems and refinements that human programmers used to build chess engines have been outdone, and like Go players we can only marvel at a wholly new approach to the game."

• Like Like x 1
  2. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Junkie Pic Mod

Blogs:
    I will never understand these computers, how do they get better than the people who created them?

3. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Super fast calculations and flawless memory

4. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    At this point, I kind of look at it in the same way the cars we design can move faster than we can.

Some day, the machines will be sentient, and their intelligence will increase geometrically, and we will have invented god. :bow:

• Like Like x 2
  5. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Junkie Pic Mod

Blogs:
    We should create billions of sentient beings, highly intelligent and whatever. Then when humans die out, they'll live on like in A.I. (the movie)

6. mcpon14

mcpon14 Junkie

Blogs:
    ^ We should encase the sentient beings in metal instead of what the creators that created us did, lol. Flesh? That is one of the biggest design flaws in history, lol. :)