Star Wars thread

Discussion in 'TV & Movies' started by Mark CM, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    So what did you think about Episode VII? And what do you think about the stand-alines coming up like Rogue One?

2. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I thought Rey was a GREAT character, but I agree with you about Kylo Ren. They really dropped the ball on that one. And I thought the casting of Adam Driver was terrible. Overall, I liked it. I think you have to put yourself in the mindset of a 7 year-old to really appreciate the movie. It was a bit too much of a rehash of the plot points of Episode IV, but I think it works as a stand-alone film.

3. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    Well, it's owned by Disney and their goal is to generate an audience for a whole new sub-franchise of films. As much as they're trying to appeal to original fans, I think the main goal is to appeal to young people. Nothing wrong with that.

4. arcticeagle

arcticeagle Newbie

Blogs:
    iunno, i'm not a hardcore fan so i found it relatively enjoyable. i even watched it a second time with le gf

5. Whiskybethyname

Whiskybethyname Lollygagger

Blogs:
    Ray skyywalllkkkkeeerrrr <33333

6. PR0SH0T

PR0SH0T Newbie

Blogs:
    Agreed, I didn't like Adam Driver acting in that role. Everyone kept saying this movie had a lot of nostalgia for long-time fans, but I just felt it was a rehashed version of previous Star Wars movies. I was really underwhelmed after watching it. Rey was a good character as well as the storm trooper runaway and pilot. I can't even remember any of these character's names!

7. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I actually rematched it last week. It wasn't nearly as interesting the 2nd time.

8. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    Watching Star Wars with the pre emptive Project Star Wars filter is pretty funso

9. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    I was hoping for an Ewok storyline. :)

10. FlamesFanatic

FlamesFanatic Moderator

Blogs:
    Ewoks have their own specials.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I liked Last Jedi. Compared to Force Awakens it was good. People bitchin about it are just in bitchy moods imo

12. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    I read that people were bitching about The Force Awakens because it was too similar to A New Hope and now people are complaining about The Last Jedi being too different from some notion of how Star Wars movies should be. I'm still not sure if I should watch it in theaters or wait for it to come out for renting. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    It was good but do what you want. I liked The Last Jedi and am glad I saw it in theaters. :)

14. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Well, if it is a theater experience, the movie would have to be really good because it would have to be good enough for me to be willing to sit through while needing to go pee or poop pretty badly. :)

15. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah I actually went into it having to take a leak, so I managed to slip out during something I could stand to miss and only missed a lil bit of it while I did my business lol

16. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Just go beforehand! Lolz

17. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    I do go beforehand, lol. :) One time, I just peed my pants and continued watching it. I think it was Finding Nemo. :)

18. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I peed my pants once, it was a one time deal never again lolz :)

EDIT: No one was home after school and I was locked out of my house so I just went after waiting for a while, I think I was 8...

19. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Just pee in the bushes. :)

20. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I should have! Thats a great idea! I had to go so bad though and I'd never peed in bushes before so I just peed there at the door to the apartment. I wasn't a bright child hahah :pee:

• Like Like x 1