1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Terrorists returning to Canada can be rehabilitated with careful effort, expert insists

Discussion in 'Politics and Debate' started by skrinkle, Nov 26, 2017.

1. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3882140/terrorist-travellers-rehabilitation-canada/

Are you for or against rehabilitation of terrorists?

• Like Like x 1
  2. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    They shouldn't be allowed back into the country, period. You wanna go off to fight with fucking ISIS you can stay put in whatever shithole you settle down in. Once they've become used to combat they are DANGEROUS.

3. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Does it make a difference if they are born or not born in Canada? What about their cultural background?

4. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 I'll Sew Your Asshole Closed and Keep Feeding You Pic Mod

Blogs:
    Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm for it. What's the harm in trying? I'd imagine a lot of the time they joined isis out of brainwashing. If there's studies proving they can combat that, then I'm all for it.

Just monitor them like crazy once they're released

5. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    No, all that matters is that they went and fought with ISIS. Who are still very dangerous and willing to use lethal force to look cool in front of their friends. ANYONE willing to use violence in the name of religion should be IMPRISONED or DEPORTED.

6. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    If they committed crimes they should have to face consequences. ISIS is a murderous group man, and we don't want them back or to have to deal with them. Period.

EDIT: My daddy is rich so I fly around the world helping kill people in the name of my religion, oh please sir won't you let me back into your country so I can terrorize it too? NO

7. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I’m of this opinion too. We wouldn’t banish a regular murderer, we’d rehabilitate them. So what’s the difference? Also, the brainwashing thing. That’s not their fault and they deserve a chance at a real life imo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mikeconley11

Blogs:
    I thought by rehabilitation they meant imprisonment along with therapy or whatever. If it's just rehabilitation by itself and then they're released then I'm against it, it's still a crime

9. mikeconley11

Blogs:
    I watched a ted talks on this guy who used to be in isis, I think brainwashing members is a big thing

• Like Like x 1
  10. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    They dont deserve to live in Canada, which is peaceful and relatively prosperous, once they've gone to fight for a murderous cult. ESPECIALLY not when some of them are still dangerous. They should be banished. End story.

11. Mak1442

Mak1442 Regular

Blogs:
    As a good person, I'm always for rehabs for anybody if it's possible.

It's cleaver to not loose lives in our great town and keep growing.

But I want to point that there is for sure some that cannot be rehabilitate.

• Like Like x 2
  12. futbol4life19

futbol4life19 Member

Blogs:
    No rehab imho....treason is not just regular crime
    If u turn against ur country in this manner you should be disavowed

Home grown terrorism is also an issue especially in Europe where there is to many people to "watch" ....just look at the London train and bus bombings a decade ago..the perpetrators were made on british soil without even leaving the uk.

I would rather not have "rehabiltated" sleepers in our cities..seeing is this is one of their primary means of attack

13. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I feel like people are forgetting that terrorists are normal people with normal problems. They can be manipulated by others, and do things that they wouldn’t normally do. Mental health has to be taken into consideration too. If someone is capable of understanding and regretting their actions, they shouldn’t be thrown back to the wolves to continue in that cycle of abuse/terrorism. They should be taken in and given the tools to become mentally well enough to lead a normal life. Everyone deserves a normal life.

14. mikeconley11

Blogs:
    If they're still terrorists, then they're going to continue the attacks whether it's on Canadian soil or Syrian soil. And if they stay on Canadian soil, there's less chance of them doing an attack

15. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Not true, they can grab a kitchen knife and go on a stabbing spree downtown of a Canadian city.

Terrorists are people, I'm not dehumanizing them. I'm saying they've committed crimes and need to be both punished and prevented from continuing to perform these atrocities. They threw out their right to a life in Canada when they left to fight with ISIS, and I dont think that the taxpayer should be footing the bill for them when they've fucked up so badly.

There's no magic that allows for people to become magically brainwashed, you CHOOSE to become what you are becoming and they chose to join an enemy organization bent on killing westerners so yeah, fuck them.

16. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I don't mean to be such a hard case but these people want their people to kill innocents. Fuck them fuck that whole organization and anyone who swears to them.

17. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    I think terrorists are like pedophiles.. probably can't be rehabilitated but it's at least worth a try because wtf else would we do with them

18. imakehersay

imakehersay Member

Blogs:
    Assad invited the terrorists to lay down their arms and come back to try and live a normal life, some of them still have families and friends. If they don't come back there is not much for them to do other than continue being a terrorist serving the ends of whoever is paying them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    An honest assessment. I just fear they might not be done yet and will attack after a time. Copycatting their European brothers(as in France) and going out guns blazing. Radicals gonna radical, y'know?

20. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs: