The Original Sin

Discussion in 'Politics and Debate' started by imakehersay, Apr 29, 2018.

1. imakehersay

imakehersay Member

Blogs:
    Is possible for the Original Sin to never have happened?

Not from the point of view of a framework which denies God as the creator but from one which recognizes him as such

I've been going to Gospel meetings and the message usually revolves around coming to Christ and accepting Christ, which presupposes the having happened of the Original Sin. I just feel like if I turn away from this possibility I am turning away from God, but if I don't I turn away from Christianity and saving my own soul

2. MladaFronta

MladaFronta Newbie

Blogs:
    as i understand it, and it's been years since i participated in anything religious so bear with me, Christ's coming was basically a reset of the sins from his time onward, so beyond the basic rules set out in the ten commandments the old testament is there more for context than a source of law for christians

3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Original Sin was put into Christianity after the story of the Garden of Eden was created, so how is it valid? It is like somehow injecting in Thanos, in 2019, into the original Star Wars: A New Hope and saying that Thanos had been there all along. Who would take that seriously, lol?