This might be a touchy subject but I'm feeling adventurous

Discussion in 'Politics and Debate' started by CoralFang**, Apr 19, 2018.

1. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    People think that we are color-coded when we really are not, lol.

2. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    You are talking about racially profiling, not white privilege.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Not being racially profiled is one of the many white privileges.
    So is having a much better chance of being invited for an interview when you sign your letter of application with "Janssen" or "de Vries" instead of "Bakhuri" or "Feissal", not being "randomly selected" almost every time you check in at an airport, not having to apologize for something done by someone else who happens to have the same cultural heritage as yours, and so on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    The majority in a society usually have privileges over the minorities. I've been to China before, so, I guess over there, there's Chinese privilege, if that is even a thing, lol?

5. CoralFang**

CoralFang** suxbigbutthole

Blogs:
    There's Asian privilege in North America. Asians are least likely to be attacked, and most likely to make the most amount of money - One disadvantage though is getting into school - they're expected to be EXTRA amazing to get in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    What is it it called when all that stuff happens to white people? Because all of those things happen to white people.

There are a couple things that get you excluded from an interview based on your resume. Spelling errors, a wrong format, over use of superfluous words...heck, I have thrown out resumes because there has been too many pages or it was in a duotang. Electronic submitted resumes are filtered out by key words that the company is looking for.

I get randomly selected EVERY TIME I fly. Whether it is personal or business, I get selected. Other members of my family get selected as-well. Every time. I have also been approached by security in Van airport after I was through screening. They wanted my ID, asked me where I was going, specifically where, my specific plans including the names for the areas I would be in (it felt like I was being interrogated) and then questioned me if I even had enough luggage.

What is it called when security follows me in a store? Is that a security guy doing his job, or did he not see my white privilege card?
    What is is called when I was sitting at the pool at a resort in Maui and security asked my name and room number and verified it to make sure I was a guest there?
    If I was a person of colour, I could easily just say I was randomly selected at the airport, followed by security, asked for ID, or didn't get an interview all because of my ethnicity.

So I ask you, what is it called when all that stuff happens to white people?

7. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Then wear a turban the next time you fly and you won't get "randomly" selected. :nuts:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Spelling errors and wrong format are s things you can do so eth8ng about. You can ask a friend to proofread. You can’t ask a friend to change your last name. Your ability to spell correctly might even be relevant to the job that you apply for; your skin colour never is.
    I cannot 3 plain why you and your family are randomly selected every time (if that is even true), but fact is that people of colour, or men wearing a turban are much more likely to be randomly selected.

9. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    An argument is that there is enough of a sample-size to justify racial profiling, no matter how distasteful that is, unfortunately. :confused:

10. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    You missed the point on the resume. If a white guy has spelling errors on a resume, that is why he doesn't get an interview. If a brown guy has spelling errors, he doesn't get an interview because he is brown??? Is everything because of race if something does not go right?

And yes, I get selected every time. Why would I make that up? Are you shocked to find out that shit happens to white people to?

11. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    You missed the point that someone named Ahmed, Mehmet or Khalid has very little chance of getting an interview, even if his letter is a brilliant piece of literature.

12. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    If that was true, then how has it been possible that I have worked with many people with very ethnic names?
    You are not making any sense right now

13. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    They did a number of tests recently in the Netherlands where they sent letters to various companies. The letters were exactly the same, except for the names. Guess what happened.

14. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    I guessing something happened in the Netherlands, which is not where I am.
    Perhaps they should do a bigger study.
    I wonder what my chances of getting a job in India would be?

• Like Like x 1
  15. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Did you know that some people think that there possibly was a civilization in Antarctica, at one point, before it was suffused in freezing conditions?

16. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    I think in Canada we are worrying more about the Hungry Wolf and Bear Child than the Khalid and Hussein.

17. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    The Duran, Duran song?

18. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    Speaking of Hungry Wolf and Bear Child, we set up an interview once with a female named Dove Bearfoot.
    We set up a time and confirmed the time.
    The day before the interview, she emailed us 3 times saying stuff like "I have tattoos" or "my hair is dyed blue" to which we said that wasn't going to be a problem and we would still love for her to come in.
    Her last email was something like "I can't make the interview and I don't want to reschedule. I am sorry to be such a a dissapointmet to you. I can't help who I am or what I look like. I cancel a lot."
    It was the weirdest thing.

19. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    What is the spelling error point you’re trying to make? No one has ever argued that a resume with spelling errors got rejected based on race. You are literally pulling arguments out of your ass.

20. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    What’s the point of this story? That First Nations people bring it on themselves?