User forums

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by CJBarone, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    That was the worst Rick Roll evar

2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Sorry, here:

3. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    That was the worst Rick Roll ever

4. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    True story, I Rick Rolled a bar once. I was DJing April Fools Day at this shitty punk bar. So I advertised a punk rock party and got a bunch of people out. As soon as 10pm hit, I played only Jock Jams and one hit wonders, starting and ending with Rick Astley. People were soooooo pissed off. I almost got into several fights. I could not believe people had high expectations on April 1st. Still a great prank!

5. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    If I'd done that in the bars I worked when I was younger... I wouldn't have ever finished a set... I definitely wouldn't have paid my bills for 2 years as a DJ... and my face would probably be a slightly different shape... heh.

6. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    I think that's hilarious! My birthday is April Fool's Day so I'm used to pranks and have a pretty good sense of humour about them. I can definitely see why the crowd would have been mad though :hilarious:

7. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    Yeah, this was just a dive bar and it was a Tuesday. Would never have gotten away with it Thu-Sat. This was just a place punks and skaters hung out before the neighbourhood got gentrified into oblivion.

8. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Ah, gotcha. I've had those events.

9. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    That being said, I have been known to throw in the occasional troll track into a DJ set. One time Vice brought me out to Montreal to DJ a big event with Municipal Waste & Negative Approach. Huge venue, but just to keep people entertained and in the room for the free booze between bands. My sets were great, but I didn't want to follow up the bands with legit good songs from their genre so I went totally left field. After NA, I played Spin Doctors. My buddy from Vice texting me frantically telling me to turn it off. It was so funny. Then after the next band, I played Semi-Charmed Life and I could hear another friend from Vice screaming joyfully across the giant hall. I told them I was going to do it, but I guess they thought I was joking.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. lellojello

lellojello Newbie

Blogs:
    oh dear. oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. yasss

• Love Love x 1