What do you think of squatters?

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by mikeconley11, May 14, 2018.

1. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Like when a dude moves from Canada to Ethiopia for 12 years and then when they come back to Canada some dude is living in his home and tells you he's been living there for 12 years and legally gained possession of your house while you were gone. (usually not a house but whatever)

Whose side would you take? The bum who gained possession of the house adversely or the dude who moved to Ethiopia for 12 years and came back?

Personally, I have no stance because I don't care but this is gonna be on my exam and I'm gonna be forced to take a stance. So what's the public opinion on this? Someone make an educated argument so I can steal it. Finder's keepers, losers weepers right?

Edit: you don't have to know anything about squatting to answer

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018
  2. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Should be noted that it's usually not a homeless dude who tries to gain possession. It's usually some rich edgy twat who took a law degree and thinks he can get a free home.

3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Just write as your exam answer that you have no stance. Exams are stupid and the teacher is hot and you would like to fondle [enter gender] boobs.

4. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    God damn it, gtfo my thread I'm trying to procrastinate here

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    How on earth could anyone “take possession” of something that’s not theirs?

6. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    How does someone "take possession" of stolen property? People get charged with that all of the time, lol.

7. Naveed

Naveed Veteran

Blogs:
    I saw a scene exactly in a movie "3 days to kill". in this case court was in favor of "The bum who gained possession

8. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Then that is the bum stealing something from someone and the court backing up the thief.

9. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Ive heard of this happening in the states but can it rly happen in Canada?
    Also tho why didn’t they just rent their place out or hire a house sitter

10. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Probably because he didn't think that the courts would back up the thief, if the thief stole it from him.

11. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    One really annoying thing about where I live is that it’s a world known vacation spot, so there are thousands of empty homes here waiting for their owners to come out for a couple weeks a year. Meanwhile for actual residents there’s a housing crisis and many (like me) are living in single rooms in some guys basement that he illegally rents out to multiple people. So **** those rich vacation home owning cucks, I hope all their homes get squatters.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Hm, is this a UK only thing? Basically, if someone abandons their property and a squatter comes in and starts living there for 12 years or more then the squatter gains right to the property. It's because ownership of land isn't a thing here, just people with better rights to land than others.

Idk about Canada, our legal systems are really similar but if you haven't heard of it in Canada then it's probably not a thing.

13. Naveed

Naveed Veteran

Blogs:
    no, but i was talking by the house, some black people was living in that house, and the person who own that house he came back after some years. that movie was interesting because a cute girl in that movie have some Pakistani friends :)

14. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah, if some rich dude abandons his property for 12 years he/she obviously doesn't care that much about it.

15. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    It's not like you go to the shop one day and when you come back some homeless guy is in your house like "yo what's up, this is my house now bitch". It has to be for a period of 12 years lol

16. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    But it is their vacation house, so they use it only for vacations, like 2 weeks out of every year. They didn't abandon it.

17. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    That UK law is messed up, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    12 years is a really long time, my cats will be dead in 12 years :lonely:

• Love Love x 1
  19. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Nah, if you visit your holiday home for 2 weeks and there's a guy living there you can kick him out and get a court order. It's only if you haven't had a holiday in 12 years and a guy has lived there for that whole time without your knowledge, then you're gonna have problems reclaiming the property.

Not Herbert! Too big, too strong.

20. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    I think it's pretty good overall