What is wrong with my flatmate?

Discussion in 'Adults Only' started by mikeconley11, Dec 9, 2017.

1. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    So there's a new flatmate, I see him one day and say "hi" and he doesn't respond. Okay, no big deal I ask him what his name is and he ignores me again. I assume he doesn't speak English and go about my day. I 100% didn't piss him off since this was the first time meeting him.

Then I'm cooking at 3am and he storms into the kitchen and starts shouting at me for "cooking loudly", so he does speak English! I just look at him kinda dumbfounded at how much of an asshole one person can be.

What is this person's mental illness? I swear, if he does this again I'm going to bring my trumpet from home and play it outside his room at 3am. Fucking asshole smells like Tabasco sauce

2. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Who is in charge of picking new roommates? I think you need to fire them

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    This dude sounds like he's trying to assert his dominance...you need to nip that in the bud ASAP. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    What a fucking loser, he looks like he's 30 years old. What's he even doing taking student accommodation? If you don't want noise, then don't live with uni students lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    Some people, when new to an environment, feel like they have to assert their dominance right away. Maybe this dude's served time in prison and this is how he lets everyone know he ain't gonna be a punk.

He might feel like since he's older he gets to be the top dog and lift his leg on everyone else in the flat. My advice would be to calmly let him know that he's the new guy, no matter how old he is, and he needs to fit in with those who've been there longer, not the other way around where you have to fit in with him. Point out that while you won't purposefully be noisy late at night, you're not going to tip-toe around either.

• Like Like x 2
  6. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Yeah, it’s his responsibility to ask questions and find out what kind of people already live there. If he didn’t want his roommates to cook at 3am, he should have asked about schedules and noise before moving in.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Thanks guys, glad to get confirmation that I wasn't in the wrong (for once)

• Like Like x 1
  8. .:Batman:.

.:Batman:. Guest

Blogs:
    I hate when people just flip their lids instead of trying to talk to you about it being bother some the you’re cooking at 3 am.

I’d straight be like : hey man if I’m hungry I’m cooking. If you have a problem with it we can go outside and race to the end of the street who ever loses either moves out or shut up :bored:

Also I’m not that helpful but **** him

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1