What's your favourite book or series?

Discussion in 'Books and Literature' started by -Toxxic;;*, Aug 16, 2016.

1. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Member

Blogs:
    Totally going to be the first nerd to post in this section haha. I just bought a new e-reader and am looking for things to read. So, post your favourites!

Some of my favourites are: Harry Potter, John Dies at the End, Love with a Chance of Drowning and The Kingkiller Chronicle.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I really like Raymond Chandler's Marlowe books. Also Gregory McDonald's Fletch series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Member

Blogs:
    Those both sound interesting! Marlowe reminds me of a James Bond type thing.

4. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    What's the difference between an Ebook and a normal book, I pondered this for quite some time

5. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Member

Blogs:
    An e-book is an electronic book. A regular book is made out of paper. Same stories, different media's. Sort of like the difference between a record and a CD.

6. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I've never read any Bond and haven't seen a film since the 80s. The Chandler stuff is pretty gritty. There's also always this:

7. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Harry Potter is my guilty pleasure :oops:
    I also love the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris (True Blood) for smut reading lol.
    My actual favourite authors are Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk and Anne Rice. I like to get lost in lengthy twisted reads and I have never been sorry after reading anything of theirs.

8. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Member

Blogs:
    @Mark CM Haha I'll have to give it a read and then watch the movie.

@Wrecky There is nothing guilty about reading Harry Potter! It's lovable for all ages.:p Also fun fact, if you have a certain typo in your first book it could be worth $30k+.
    Yaaah Sookie Stackhouse novels! Did you ever watch True Blood? I thought it was an awful conversion from the books but a good TV show if you thought of it as an alternate universe haha.
    Lengthy twisted reads are great! Do you have a favourite book/series from any of them?

• Love Love x 1
  9. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:

I'm a huge True Blood fan too, I love that it's a different storyline, so many different things made up for what was skipped.
    My favourite Anne Rice series is definitely the Mayfair witches but I'll read anything by authors I like :D I couldn't pick a fav from Stephen King or Chuck Palahniuk, they're all so good.

• Like Like x 2
  10. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Member

Blogs:
    Yeah! I was still pulling for Eric though. :p
    And I guess that's why they are your favourite!! Haha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I am guessing my favorite book hasn't been written yet, I specifically told them to tell me when it's has been released

13. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
    Wilbur Smitthhhhh~

14. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    See No Evil (Robert Baer)
    Paper Fan (Terry Gould)

Both exceptional non-fictions.

15. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Member

Blogs:
    @superassociate1 Do you have a favourite series of his?

@djfly Paper Fan has associations with Vancouver! Always looking for a good hometown read. :)

16. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Yeah, huge actually.

And in 2005, I flew to Victoria to meet a young lady and we took the bus/ferry from Vic to downtown Van one day to go shopping. You know, Robson and all that. I don't know why we picked the spot, but we randomly walked up a flight of stairs from the street we were on into Tsunami Sushi. Little did I know the connection that restaurant had to the Triads, until I read the book years later! Great food by the way, but alas, I believe they closed down several years ago.

17. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
    @-Toxxic;;* Yeah I've read most if not all of his books and was recently thinking of re-reading the Warlock(Taita) series, or the Courtney's(Pirates) series ah har har arrr.

18. SirJordan

SirJordan Guest

Blogs:
    A song of ice and fire.

• Like Like x 2
  19. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Member

Blogs:
    @djfly Aha it's always fun to read something and be able to go HEY I've been there. XD

@superassociate1 Those sound interesting! If they're worth a re-read they must be good. :)

@SirJordan Have you read the whole series that's out so far?/Do you watch the show? I have heard that the show is now past the books so the season that just came out was a surprise to everyone. But I only read the first book ages ago, I hate starting series that aren't finished yet so I stopped and am waiting haha.

20. SirJordan

SirJordan Guest

Blogs:
    @-Toxxic;;* Yeah I've read them all. It was good watching the latest series as I didn't really know what was going to happen. They have changed a lot for the series so it's still been exciting to watch.