Why can I approach a girl and say the same thing as an attractive guy

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by magaz, Jun 25, 2018.

1. magaz

magaz Member

Blogs:
    And I’m a creep but he’s not?

2. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    upload_2018-6-25_21-20-11.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. sh4n3y

sh4n3y Nexopian Elder

Blogs:
    Haha

Nerd

4. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
  5. Gus

Gus Veteran

Blogs:
    Cuz you ugly?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc Member

Blogs:
  7. WorkBoot

WorkBoot Member

Blogs:
    Societal double standards.
    A woman can walk up to a guy a do anything she wants: straighten his clothes; do something to his hair; kiss &/or fondle him. But if a guy was to do the same to her, is in legal violation. She can even hit him in public, and if he reciprocates, will be arrested. She can say what ever she wants to you, and about you, but you are in legal purgatory for doing the same to her.

I have had all of these done to me by women unknown to me, and I have reacted in kind, and have spent a great many hours in conference with police agencies and human rights councilors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    Unfortunately, people - male or female - tend to judge others first by appearance, how they look, what they are wearing, the style or cut of their hair. Then they judge facial expressions and tone of voice. Lastly, the judge the words that are said. If they get passed those, to see the true character of the person, then they are among the minority.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    As a rule I wear clean, comfortable clothing. I rarely make a point of trying to “look” a certain way.

People who judge based on appearance aren’t people I want in my life

• Like Like x 2
  10. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Tell me about being judged on appearance. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc Member

Blogs:
    What do you mean? :confused:

12. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    It all depends wether guys see only my face and maybe my arms and shoulders, or if they also see my wheelchair. It makes the difference between qt3.14 and freak

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    That’s another kind of discrimination that has yet to be addressed in any meaningful way.

Homes and businesses aren’t often built to accommodate any kind of disability, which is sad. I couldn’t have a friend in a wheelchair over if I wanted to without carrying them and chairs through tight doors, up stairs...

14. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    I live in Senior housing designed (supposedly) for those aged 55+. There are about 80 little one-bedroom cottages - all identical. They did a great job with doorways and passages being wide, grab bars by the toilet and in the shower, a large walk-in shower with sliding glass doors and a wide seat in the back corner, and electrical outlets that are not located just off the floor but at about 3 feet up at about waist height. There is even a pull-cord next to the toilet (like in a hospital) to "publicly" call for help. It's attached to flashing signal outside the front door. They made 3 flaws - 1) the toilet is a standard height and not the "handicapped" height; 2) the entry doorways also have heavy metal and glass storm doors that are very quick to spring back on you and are not easy to block open; 3) both front and back doors have one 2 inch high concrete slab "step" and then another 2 inch high step up from there into the house.

After I have been grocery shopping, I have a small, lightweight metal trolley to help me get my heavy bags from my truck to my cottage via the long sidewalk straight to my door. The problem is once I get there, getting that trolley inside is very difficult. I have to leave the trolley 3 feet away from the door to open the storm door and hold it open with one hand, grab the groceries, and pull it up onto the concrete slab. Then, with one hand, hoist the trolley through the front door and into the house. It kills my back to do this and I can't imagine someone older than me (I'm 55) with more physical problems than I have or in a wheelchair trying to get inside these cottages. AND if in a wheelchair, getting out is worse with the slab step and the heavy metal storm door because the storm doors open outward. It's like they put a lot of thought to what is on the inside but failed to figure out how to get into or out of them.

• Love Love x 1
  15. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    Maybe I'm just the weird one...I rarely notice someone's disability (even when I was younger). I'm not saying that I don't notice things like a wheelchair, crutches, colostomy bag, etc. I'm saying it's always been more like - "Oh. You've got a wheelchair. Cool. So, what's your favorite dessert?"

• Love Love x 1
  16. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Don’t they say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions? Even if they try to design their building/car/bus/streetcar for people with a handicap, they rarely design it with someone with a handicap.
    I would love to take designers and architects on a tour through a wheelchair accessible building, and point out all the things they got wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mak1442

Mak1442 Regular

Blogs:
    You can say the same thing if you got the money.

18. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    A boa constrictor cannot go to a human's house and ask for food like an adorable little kitten can. :(

19. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    In a bar, I pulled my balls up out of my pants and asked a chick I barely knew if she wanted to see my new belt buckle, then proceeded to lift my my shirt and show her my balls. She thought it was hilarious and bought me a drink. Good luck pulling that off if you're ugly

20. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    Sounds more like she was young, drunk, and stupid. That is not hilarious, it's childish.

• Like Like x 1