/why People Send their grand mother/father to old age homes?

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by Naveed, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Naveed

Naveed Veteran

Blogs:
    Mostly in Europe

2. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    My grandma is in an old age home now. My grandfather just couldn’t take care of her himself, and the nearest relative is 3 hours away. In a big country like Canada, some families are spread out over a long distance and don’t get to see each other a lot.

3. Naveed

Naveed Veteran

Blogs:
    its a sad thing :(

4. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    Yes, sometimes it just can't be avoided. In such cases, all you can do is try to find the best home and visit as much as you can and keep your eyes wide open for signs of neglect/abuse.

5. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Some of the homes are super normal too, depending on how much help the person needs. My grandmas sister is also in a home, but only because she has dementia. So a nurse comes to make sure she takes her meds, and help her with some things, but other than that it’s just like a normal apartment. It’s all decorated with her furniture and pictures, it’s got a kitchen a living room and bedroom a bathroom. Tbh it’s nicer than my apartment :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Naveed

Naveed Veteran

Blogs:
    i think we cant spend our life with beautiful and decorated stuff around us. we need love from our surroundings that can not be possible without the people we love, I cant imagine my life in such homes without my family members.

7. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    Yes, ideally, we can take care of our elderly loved ones ourselves...but sometimes that's just not feasible.

My mother is 79, and at the moment she is in good health, and is kicking ass and taking names. She is sharp as a tack, and don't take no slack from anyone. She lives alone, but I visit her every day without fail (she lives about 15 minutes away) and check to make sure everything is working right in her house, etc. I hang our for a few hours, watch TV with her and just keep her company for a while.

But, should she require some kind of care in the future, I am prepared to move her into my house and hire whatever medical care she may need. Not everyone can do that though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I have exactly zero relatives in my city. And growing up I never had grandparents live in the same city as me. So I think if I had grown up with family members I might have a different view on how they should be taken care of, but I just didn’t grow up around lots of family. If it were my own parents I might be willing to move, but even then idk. They live 10 hours away in a city I hate rofl.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    My grandfather is 97 and lives by himself and can take care of himself just fine. Of course, we visit him everyday and drive him to places and check up on him. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    Yes, grandma is is the same place as great aunt Marion. Grandmas room is all decorated and set up like her house was just smaller scale. Grandma thinks she’s living in a train but whatever. They both need 100% full time supervision.

11. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Oh, last time I saw Marion she didn’t need full time supervision and she was in a home in Calgary. I guess now that I think about it, that was a long ass time ago.

12. tool

tool Addict

Blogs:
    I'd rather live in nursing house than family home. I will have more freedom and maybe a chance for sex party. I read some nursing houses actually secretly offer this service. Hell, I don't need anything more than internet connection and a kind nurse.

Sex is the solution for peace. The middle east is busy killing each others because they are sex-deprived.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Yeah idk if I would want to live with family either. I’m a loner.

14. Punjabi Playboy

Punjabi Playboy Guest

Blogs:
    The same reason parents kick their kids out as soon as they turn 18.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    Same home. It’s really nice.

16. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    You’re saying grandma is in calgary now? I thought she was in Lethbridge. No one tells me anything lol.

17. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    No she never was in Lethbridge, there was a shithole in fort Macleod she was at.

18. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    What’s for Macleod? I thought that was a road?

19. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    You thought fort Macleod was a road? No it’s a town

20. fuckdis

fuckdis Guest

Blogs:
    The opposite but whatever.